There are approximately 1,400 short-term rental properties like those affiliated with Airbnb and Vrbo in Lexington, they are growing in number, and they are creating problems for neighborhoods. The Lexington-Fayette County Urban County Government is working on a zoning ordinance to regulate them.
This is a reminder that the Fayette County Neighborhood Council is hosting a meeting on the draft regulation currently under consideration on Monday evening, February 13, at Tates Creek Christian Church at 6:30. Please make sure that your neighborhood is represented.
We will be discussing the material below and listening to your thoughts about solutions:
· Short-Term Rental Permitted Density/Concentration on Lots and in Neighborhoods
· Number of Occupants and Frequency of Stays Allowed
· Should Licensing Require Notice and a Hearing?
· Enforcement of Requirements
· Other Issues (Grandfathering, Transparency, Gentrification, etc.)
How will your neighborhood respond?
Walt Gaffield, President
Fayette County Neighborhood Council, Inc.